Notice: Undefined variable: saved_settings in /home/qatargre/public_html/new/wp-content/plugins/advanced-gutenberg/incl/advanced-gutenberg-main.php on line 4683
We are glad to receive a Level-I Eco-Event Award from QGBC (Qatar Green Building Council), recognising our sustainable practices in organizing a Team Birthday Party. This is just a baby-step, considering the size of the event, but it reflects our commitment to practice sustainability in all aspects of our daily business activities.
Eco-Event Award provides a scalable guidance for event owners and organizers starting from private events and meetings to mega national events to deliver a more environmentally sustainable (low-carbon) event. The award has eleven categories in which each category has various imperative and additional features. Eco-Event award goals include:
- Drive carbon footprint reduction and create a sustainable event environment based on conservation and efficiency principles.
- Instigate green procurement, responsible sourcing and circular economy network.
- Awareness and education through staff training, informing and involving guests to create behavioral change in events industry.
More details on the Eco-Event are available at QGBC’s website here.
Our commitment to meet the Level-I requirements included:
- Promoting ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT by appointing an Eco-Event Leader (Mr. Mostafa El-Masry).
- Spreading AWARENESS among visitors by sharing our objectives in obtaining the award.
- Reducing WATER consumption by installing aerators to all faucets and posting water saving guidelines.
- Optimizing our ENERGY usage, by controlling lighting and air conditioning.
- Proper management of WASTE by maximising the reuse and recycle of waste items.
- Offering organic and locally produced FOOD AND BEVERAGE including vegetarian options.
- Maintaining a high level of CLEANING AND HYGIENE using eco-labeled detergents.
- Improve the INDOOR ENVIRONMENT through air purifiers, indoor plants and prohibition of smoking.
- Demonstrate our SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY towards our employees and the community at large.
- Informing our visitors on sustainable means of TRANSPORTATION available to the venue.
We have celebrated the birthday of Mr. Melinda Yasaranji and Ms. Abigael Miranda, where the whole team enjoyed a get-together time during a heavy work day!